I don't know about everyone else, but 2010 was definitely an eventful year for me, but I somehow made it out alive. While my sanity was unquestionably stretched a bit thin at times, there were parts of 2010 that I enjoyed:
- Starting up this blog--it's helped me clarify a lot of my thoughts, opinions, and aspirations. It's also given me something to keep myself busy with.
- Playing lots of cool games like Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XIII, Team Fortress 2, Starcraft II, etc.
- Getting a (temporary) job at GameStop.
- Developing a comprehensive portfolio complete with artwork, gameplay overviews, and character descriptions.
- Joining and becoming an admin for the awesome gaming community, Addiction to Gaming.
- And last but not least, applying to and being accepted at Tribeca Flashpoint for their game development program.
As for 2011, I have a few exciting goals and plans on the horizon:
- Keep up with this blog and get even more familiar with video games and the industry as a whole.
- Continue to work on my portfolio and further develop my game ideas.
- Acquire a PS2/PSP.
- Play more games and keep up with big releases...study said games.
- Move to the city and start taking classes at Flashpoint in downtown Chicago, this September.
Lastly, having been out of a console for a large part of the year, I have a list of the games of 2010 that I missed out on but plan on getting to in the very near future:
- Bioshock 2 (and the first Bioshock, for that matter)
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (and the first two Assassin's Creed games)
- Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
- God of War III (as well as God of War and God of War II)
- Red Dead Redemption
- Heavy Rain
- And probably many others.
Well, that's about all for this post. I hope every one has a happy new year and expect some sort of game review from me soon.