1/3/11

2010/2011

First and foremost, I hope everyone enjoyed their New Year's Eve/Day and that 2011 sends lots of good things your way. Before it gets too late into 2011, I feel it wise to do a bit of reflecting on 2010 and maybe even share a few of my aspirations and plans for the new year. In list form, of course.

I don't know about everyone else, but 2010 was definitely an eventful year for me, but I somehow made it out alive. While my sanity was unquestionably stretched a bit thin at times, there were parts of 2010 that I enjoyed:

  • Starting up this blog--it's helped me clarify a lot of my thoughts, opinions, and aspirations. It's also given me something to keep myself busy with.
  • Playing lots of cool games like Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XIII, Team Fortress 2, Starcraft II, etc.
  • Getting a (temporary) job at GameStop.
  • Developing a comprehensive portfolio complete with artwork, gameplay overviews, and character descriptions.
  • Joining and becoming an admin for the awesome gaming community, Addiction to Gaming.
  • And last but not least, applying to and being accepted at Tribeca Flashpoint for their game development program.

As for 2011, I have a few exciting goals and plans on the horizon:

  • Keep up with this blog and get even more familiar with video games and the industry as a whole.
  • Continue to work on my portfolio and further develop my game ideas.
  • Acquire a PS2/PSP.
  • Play more games and keep up with big releases...study said games.
  • Move to the city and start taking classes at Flashpoint in downtown Chicago, this September.

Lastly, having been out of a console for a large part of the year, I have a list of the games of 2010 that I missed out on but plan on getting to in the very near future:

  • Bioshock 2 (and the first Bioshock, for that matter)
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (and the first two Assassin's Creed games)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
  • God of War III (as well as God of War and God of War II)
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Heavy Rain
  • And probably many others.

Well, that's about all for this post. I hope every one has a happy new year and expect some sort of game review from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment