7/14/10

About Me

Now, let me make one thing clear: this blog is not intended to really be about me or my personal life so much as my opinions and observations of video games, gamers, and video game culture. That being said, I feel that it is more or less necessary to at least introduce myself. My name is Chloē Bridges (or, if you'd prefer my screen name: Tobuoi). I live in the northern part of Illinois currently but am moving to Oahu (hopefully somewhere in the Honolulu/Waikiki area) within the next year with my boyfriend and family. There, I plan on going to school to study game design. That's right--I not only love playing video games, I want to be a part of creating them as well. I absolutely love (almost) everything about video game culture and couldn't see myself happier as a part of any other industry.

Besides video games, I love art, music, birds, movies, books, religion, and politics, among other things. My favorite TV show in the entire universe is Battlestar Galactica, and I really don't give a frak what anyone else thinks about it. It's the best TV show there is and that's really all there is to it. LOST, The Office, Firefly, and Arrested Development are close contenders, though. As far as music goes, my current obsession is Utada, but I also enjoy Hooverphonic, Robyn, Bowling for Soup, Blue October, Florence + the Machine, Nelly Furtado, The Postal Service, Flight of the Conchords, and The Police, as well as many others. I have been drawing for as long as I can remember, and my deviantART account can be found here: Tobuoi on deviantART. Some of my favorite movies are Moulin Rouge!, Kill Bill, The Nightmare Before Christmas, 28 Days Later, Billy Madison, and Spirited Away. My most absolute favorite book series ever is His Dark Materials, but Neil Gaiman is probably my favorite author. I love just about anything he writes.

My hopes for this blog are not only to express my seemingly infinite opinions on one of the most fascinating forms of art and entertainment of this generation, but to also perhaps turn readers onto some genuinely worthy things that they may not have known about or been interested in, otherwise. And, you know, provide something that's interesting to read. That would be quite ideal. I don't think there's really much else to say about me, other than that I own two delightful parrots named Kiwi and Mango, both conures, whom I love very much.

Should you want to find me elsewhere on the web...
Steam
facebook
Twitter
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment